_

16.1.09

I Need Africa More Than Africa Needs Me

I was thinking to myself today what I should blog about.. I don't have any photography sessions set up until Spring time and didn't want to leave all of my faithful blog stalkers :) without a post until then. So I decided I would blog about other important things in my life..



I'm reading a book called the Irresistible Revolution.. and it's changing my life. I've always wanted to be a part of something more but let's face it, I'm a poor college student so I can't give thousands of dollars to my favorite charity or fly to Africa and build an orphanage (Although, that is in my future plans, let me know if you want to join me in that - :) ). And although I'm able to give my time, I still wanted to do more..

And then I found this website.
MOCHACLUB.ORG
And I realized this was the small part I could play in making a huge difference.


There are 41.5 Million orphans in Africa. A number I can't even wrap my mind around. This organization takes your $7 a month (the cost of two mochas) and helps change the lives of these children. I created this team (James_1:27) in hopes that it would grow because people like you would join. Individually, $7 a month doesn't cost you much and yes, it helps someone in Africa but in a team of say 100 people, think of the effect we can make on childrens' lives in a country thousands of miles away..


If you would like to join my team please go to..

http://mochaclub.org/joinme/thefightforafrica

(Also, when you join, you get that t-shirt for free!)
And please feel free to pass this link on to anyone you think would be interested..
Thanks.

2 comments:

Love or Nothing said...

bf, i am so excited for our future.. God has given you this vision for a reason and we CAN make it happen. all in His timing. i am proud of you for putting this out there!! and i'm joining MC as soon as i get this job haha LOVE YOU.

Randi said...

i'll be joining the second my internet connection lasts long enough for me to do so. I'm glad you discovered this.

Categories

Blog Archive

Contact

Back to the top